Tuesday, August 14, 2012

tomorrow is a big day

It's an exciting day tomorrow--the first day of school! Are you ready? I must admit that I'm only as ready as the past two days have allowed me to be, which isn't quite as much as I wanted. I got to school today at 7:00 am, and left at 8:45 pm. That's a pretty long day, eventful and full, but I still have a long list of things waiting for me in the morning. It'll be ok, because students will come to school, things will get done, and we'll have a great day. And it will be the first of many. I'm excited to meet the students, hear their stories, work with them through difficult problems, and celebrate their successes. I've made quite a few changes to my normal routine and schedule for the year, but some elements have remained the same. After reading The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg, I've been motivated to consider different routines and rewards in order to develop stronger habits of the mind. Sometime soon, maybe this weekend, I'll add a post where I describe some of those routines and the big picture sequences throughout the year. Meanwhile, be sure to keep up with the happenings right here.

No comments: